You’re off in a blissful daze, driving your car down the highway when that sour smell hits your nose: the local landfill is up ahead. Choosing not to recycle disrupts your peaceful car ride, but what else happens? Closed Loop is here to tell you.
How Does Not Recycling Harm The Environment?
Neglecting the recycling system and simply throwing away industrial waste has several environmental consequences:
- Pollution: Pollution affects the environment in several different ways. For example, when specific waste, such as Styrofoam, ends up in a landfill, the harmful chemicals seep into the soil, which can result in cancerous cells forming in the dirt. Neglecting to recycle plastic water bottles can pollute large bodies of water such as lakes, oceans, and rivers.
- Overflowing Landfills: We all know that landfills are designed as a designated place to deposit waste. But it’s no secret that as more of the population continues to neglect recycling, our landfills are going to continuously pile up, creating that unmistakable, foul smell we’ve all encountered and depositing harmful chemicals into the atmosphere.
- Natural Habitat Destruction: As landfills pile up, the earth can’t keep up with the amount of hazardous waste, resulting in the destruction of natural habitats.
Industrial Recycling Program Benefits
Implementing recycling services into your business practices has several benefits:
- Saves money and energy
- Prevents the increase of pollution by reducing the need for new, raw materials
- Conserves natural, valuable resources
- Supports American manufacturing
- Increases economic security by tapping into a domestic material source
Recycling companies help commercial and industrial businesses achieve their green initiatives by designing and implementing an industrial recycling program to serve their operation and focus on landfill waste management.
Industrial Recycling Programs and Services
Here at Closed Loop Recycling, we live and breathe our mantra, “Whatever it takes,” when it comes to helping the environment and our customers through industrial recycling. Our mission is to help businesses move away from disposable waste processes and steer toward vendor-managed industrial recycling programs that help the environment and save money. Our recycling initiatives diverted 3,705,994 pounds of waste from landfills in 2019, resulting in a positive environmental footprint. To date, we’ve also managed to implement the reuse of 1,967,634 pounds of solid waste, providing a cost savings of up to 80% on average of our customer’s annual purchase of new protective equipment.
Businesses run into different accidents, depending on the industry. In many of the industries we serve, liquid waste is a common accident, such as oil spills, fluid leaks, and containment pan overflows.
One way our customer’s experience tremendous savings and offer due diligence to the environment is by utilizing CLR’s reusable absorbents. From using industrial oil-absorbent mats to shop towels, we have a wide range of solutions for your business’s spills:
By purchasing reusable absorbents from CLR, you can refrain from disposing of shop towels or mats that are covered with fluid waste and recycle the materials through our revolutionary recycling process. Not only will you help the environment, but you save money by not purchasing new adsorbents for your inventory.
Reusing your business’s personal protective equipment (PPE) is another way to save money and help the environment. We recommend purchasing PPE from an industry manufacturer and utilizing our PPE Recycling Program.
You can use our recycling program for PPE, such as:
We use a seven-step process to clean your PPE efficiently:
- We weigh each recycling drum to calculate the waste diversion.
- CLR separates and sorts your PPE into separate categories.
- Your PPE is cleaned by one of CLR’s recycling specialists.
- Metal Detect
- We inspect your PPE for metal with our state-of-the-art metal detector.
- Quality Check
- We check all of our customers’ PPE for quality cleanliness before packing it.
- PPE is then paired, repackaged, and returned to the customer.
- Each PPE recycling service we administer is complete with a processing report.
Choose CLR’s Quality Industrial Recycling Program
When you choose Closed Loop Recycling for your industrial recycling program vendor, you’re partnering with a company that’s just as passionate about recycling as you are. We’re here for a specific purpose, and our mission drives multiple results such as cost savings, clean equipment, and environmental impact. Contact us today to learn about how we can help your business reach its green initiative with our recycling solutions.