Becoming an eco-friendly workplace might seem like an impossible task, especially if big changes are needed. However, these changes can improve your business, save you money, and boost your reputation. If you’re not sure where to start, Closed Loop Recycling can reduce your carbon footprint with our innovative material recycling solutions.
Corporate Green Initiatives Explained
Corporate green initiatives look different for every company, but they are essentially a way to identify and implement eco-friendly workplace practices. These can range from a small business buying a recycling bin for their office to a large company committing to keeping 80% of their waste out of landfills.
Businesses that need help starting their green initiative can use the following standards as a guide:
- ISO 14001: This guide outlines the international standards for implementing an environmental management system. The International Organization for Standardization consults with leaders from different countries to compile a list of steps businesses need to take to lessen their environmental impact and become ISO 14001 certified.
- Zero Landfill Initiative: Zero waste to landfill can be taken literally or used as a goal to work towards. Achieving zero landfill status means that businesses reuse, recycle, or compost all of their waste instead of sending it to landfills or incinerators. Businesses can get certified as zero landfill by third-party organizations.
Regardless of the green initiative your business chooses, your new business practices can have long-term positive effects on the environment.
Why Is Going Green Important for Businesses?
Corporations are the biggest producers of greenhouse gas emissions, and their actions significantly impact the earth. Today’s consumers hold businesses to a high standard when it comes to sustainability efforts, and they choose to buy from companies whose ideals align with their own. Enacting a green initiative helps companies stand out and attract socially responsible consumers.
Going green can also benefit your budget. Businesses that make the switch to recyclable supplies, paperless records, and energy-efficient appliances save money on material and utility costs. State and federal governments offer tax credits, subsidies, and rebates for businesses that switch to sustainable alternatives.
At its core, going green is a way for businesses to improve their communities and minimize their impact on the earth. Cost savings and improved reputations are just an added benefit.
Add Material Recycling to Your Corporate Green Initiative
Recycling isn’t just for plastic and glass—you can also recycle workplace cleaning and safety equipment. At CLR, we help businesses enhance their corporate green initiatives by collecting, laundering, and returning reusable absorbents and personal protective equipment (PPE). Our recycling program keeps waste from landfills and extends the lifespan of the supplies your employees rely on each day.
If you operate a business in the manufacturing, fabrication, oil and gas, or automotive industries, your employees probably spend a lot of their time cleaning. Disposable cleaning supplies end up in landfills and often don’t work very well, which is why CLR offers reusable cleaning supplies for various scenarios. Our reusable absorbent supplies include:
- Mats: Recyclable absorbent pads quickly soak up water, coolant, and oil spills. You can prevent slip-and-fall accidents and keep ineffective disposable mats out of landfills by using our absorbent socks and mats.
- Shop towels: For minor spills, your employees can keep a reusable shop towel at hand. When your shop towels become stiff and ineffective, CLR launders and returns them.
- Rags: Our rags are smaller than shop towels and work well to absorb oil. When rags get too dirty to reuse, we separate and recycle the oil and return the clean rags to you. CLR’s laundering process doesn’t create any waste.
- Wipers: Instead of using paper towels to wipe down surfaces, you can use our microfiber wipers. On top of being recyclable, CLR’s wipers are more effective than their disposable counterparts.
Workers in industrial settings rely on PPE to keep them safe while they do their job. Many businesses purchase large supplies of aprons, gloves, sleeves, safety vests, and jackets for their workers and throw them out when they become too dirty. However, you can avoid sending old equipment to the landfill by partnering with CLR for PPE recycling.
With our thorough laundering process, PPE lasts far longer than expected and doesn’t lose effectiveness. Recycling your PPE is an easy, cost-effective way to reduce your environmental impact and become a green business.
Go Green With Recycling Services from CLR
Going green is a simple way for your business to improve brand loyalty, save money, and stand out from the crowd. If you want to incorporate material recycling into your corporate green initiative, look no further than CLR. As a CLR partner, you have access to monthly sustainability reports that show the positive impact of switching to material recycling. We also offer a free trial of our recycling services, so you can see how the process works before making the switch.